The East Gate vision is to create a dwelling place of God over the Rockwall region and beyond through the exhalation of Jesus Christ, at the hands of those who have been arrested by His goodness and mercy, and have said yes to becoming a carrier and witness of His message.
"Then he led me to the gate, the gate facing toward the east; 2 and behold, the glory of the God of Israel was coming from the way of the east. And His voice was like the sound of many waters; and the earth shone with His glory."
- Ezekiel 43:1-2
10 coRE vALUES
- Presence - We are called to live before an audience of One (Psalm 27:4) and host His presence. Daily and continuous fellowship with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit postures our hearts toward an intimate and empowering relationship with Him.
- The Word of God - The Word of God - We believe the Word of God is inerrant and infallible. Jesus IS the Word, and we are rooted and grounded in Him. Sound teaching of the Word of God is of upmost importance!
- Prayer & Intercession - Intimate communication where partnership with heaven leads to divine knowledge and participation that is both effectual and fruitful. Our passion to stand in the gap for others, our city and our nation means we create prayers of impact to steward change and bring heaven to earth.
- Family - Jesus said that His brothers and sisters are those who do the will of His Father in heaven. Family that does the will of God together truly connects and has their being in Him. We want to model what kingdom family looks like by walking together in relationship with one another. We do this by linking arms and fostering an environment of encouragement to live out a joyful and dynamic life with God.
- Unity - We endeavor to pursue and keep the spirit of unity throughout the body of Christ. Our heart is to see a John 17 reality and movement sweep across the hearts of all who call upon the name of Jesus.
- Equipping & Training - Raising up a diverse army of leaders, agents of change and ambassadors of heaven, to do the work of the ministry (Ephesians 4:11) by carrying the heart of the Father into all their areas of influence.
- Creative Worship - Spontaneous acts or expressions where freedom and passion beckons us to live our love for Him out loud. A people after His own heart, who are not afraid to express their undignified, raw and reckless passion!
- Prophecy - The activation of the Father’s gift of love that reaches out to build up, bring edification and call forth destiny. Prophecy reveals the Father’s heart for His son’s and daughters! The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy (Revelation 19:10).
- Cultural Transformation - The purpose of every born again believer is to become missional and impact culture! We believe every follower of Christ is a missionary in their sphere of influence and the places they are sent to whether that is close to home or across the world. To be missional is to live a sent lifesytle both domestically and abroad.
- The "Process" - At East Gate we value the process the Lord has each one of us on. The process includes growing in our identity as sons and daughters of God, growing in our knowledge and revelation of who He is, growing in character, growing in our gifts, and any other areas the Lord wishes to develop in us. The Lord lays before us a constant invitation to walk out the process in order to grow in character and look more like Him as we mature from glory to glory!